In this article, you can gain some insight into user cards.
Happeo offers a user card for every user. The information displayed here is synced from Google Workspace and is always up-to-date. Some of the information is managed by the user themself but most are admin managed
User information from Google Workspace and Microsoft
Here's the list of user information synced from Google Workspace and/or Microsoft.
- Profile picture
- Phone numbers and their labels
- E.g. work phone number
- Primary email
- Secondary emails
- Position title
- Work address
- Cost center
- Additional info (custom user attributes)
- Calendar schedule
- Google groups/Microsoft groups memberships
- Organizational unit
User information from Happeo
Some of the information is user-managed and comes from Happeo. Here's the list of the information:
Managed through User information > My information > Additional information
Managed through User information > My information > My settings
- Out-of-office start date
- Out-of-office end date
- Out-of-office message
The People search option helps you find the following information:
- Primary email
- Phone numbers
- Primary organization (title, department, location)
- Additional info (description, skills, out-of-office message)
The user information is synced within two hours. This means that when a Google Workspace or Microsoft admin changes user information, the user information will be reflected in Happeo.
However, Happeo does keep a 12-hour cache of opened users, meaning that you may see old user information for up to 12 hours if the user data is fetched from the cache.
Updating your Happeo profile picture
The Happeo user profile picture is synced from Google Workspace (as of now, not Azure AD / Microsoft). However, if you would like to update your profile picture manually:
- You can navigate to your User Settings and click on Change Avatar
- By updating your profile picture through your Google or Microsoft account, all Google Workspace or Microsoft services will have the same photo (Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Outlook, OneDrive, etc.)
Hide users from the Search
You can hide users from the Search by unselecting the contact sharing option in the Google Workspace admin panel.
Specifically, to hide users from search:
- Go to Google Workspace Directory in the Google Workspace Admin Panel
- Click on Directory Settings
- Click on the downwards-facing arrow next to Sharing Settings
- Click on the edit symbol next to Contact Sharing
- Uncheck Enable contact sharing
For Microsoft users, please see this article.