There are many ways in which you can insert videos in Happeo, whether it's through Channels or Pages. In this article, you will find all there is to know about inserting videos, what kinds of videos you can insert and how they will be displayed.
How to insert videos into posts
Uploading a video file from your computer
To upload a video to a post you can simply click on Upload file in the post’s options menu and select the video you want to insert.
Please note that:
- The video file must be no larger than 32MB. If it exceeds that limit, you will receive an error message
- To surpass the 32MB video file limit you can upload the video to your Google Drive and insert it from there
- Do keep in mind that in Drive, you can store videos up to 5TB if you have purchased at least that much storage. Otherwise, you are limited to how much storage you have available
- You can upload a video of any resolution, but the maximum playback resolution is 1920 x 1080
Additionally, the supported video formats include:
- WebM files (Vp8 video codec; Vorbis Audio codec)
- MPEG4, 3GPP, and MOV files (h264 and MPEG4 video codecs; AAC audio codec)
- AVI (MJPEG video codec; PCM audio)
- MPEGPS (MPEG2 video codec; MP2 audio)
- FLV (Adobe - FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)
It is important to note that not all video types may work on all devices.
Inserting a video from Google Drive
To attach a video from Google Drive to your post, you can:
- Click on Drive in the post’s options menu
- Search for and click on the video you would like to attach
- Click on select
Inserting a video through a URL
If you would like to, for example, insert a video from YouTube, Vimeo, etc., you can do so by copying and pasting the video URL into the post.
Alternatively, you can link it to a piece of text in the post as a hyperlink. To do this:
- Highlight the piece of text you would like the video to be linked to
- Click on the symbol that looks like a chain in the post’s options menu...
- Paste the video URL into the URL field
- And click on insert
The “Text” below the URL field represents the piece of text that the video will be linked to. In the example below the piece of text is the word “video”.
The results should look like this:
Editing hyperlinks can be done by clicking on the piece of text that has been linked and selecting the symbol that looks like a pencil.
Removing video URLs, hyperlinks, and video previews
To remove the video URL from the post simply highlight the URL and hit the backspace key on your keyboard.
If you would like to remove the hyperlink that is attached to a piece of text in the post, you can click on the text that has been linked and click on Unlink.
If you wish to keep the preview but not the video URL or hyperlink you can remove them and the preview will remain put. This is the same vice versa, so you can remove the video preview but still keep the video URL or hyperlink in the post and have it function normally.
How to embed videos into articles
Embedding a video using an embed code
One of the video options in articles includes using an embed code. Using an embed code enables you to control the dimensions of the video in the article and much more!
To select the embed video option:
- Click on the body of the article until you see a plus symbol appear on the side of your screen
- Click on the plus symbol
- Click on the video camera icon
- Select Insert video
- Make sure you are in the Embed tab as opposed to the URL tab
For example, if you would like to embed a YouTube video you can do so by:
- Clicking on Share under the video’s options menu
- Click on embed
- Modify the width and height of the video to your liking in the embed code
- Adjust the embed options if necessary
- Click on copy
Once you’ve copied the embed code you can navigate back to the article and paste the code into the appropriate field and click on Select.
By clicking on the video you can also choose to either align the video to the center of the article, expand the video so that it “overflows” or remove it.
Embedding a video using a video URL
Much like using an embed code, to embed a video by URL:
- Click on the body of the article
- Click on the plus symbol that appears on the side of your screen
- Click on the video camera icon
- Make sure you are in the URL tab
From there, simply paste the video URL you wish to embed and click on Select.
The video will appear the same as it would when using an embed code with the same options as Align video center, Video overflow, and Remove.
How videos are displayed on Channels
How videos are displayed in posts
When a video has been attached to a post, regardless if it was inserted through Drive, as a hyperlink or a URL, the video will look like this:
If the video is uploaded from your computer, a preview image or a thumbnail of the video will not be visible and instead will look similar to this:
When any of the videos are clicked on, the video will pop up in the same window (but expanded) and you can watch it from there.
How videos are displayed in articles
When an article is posted that contains a video, that video will not be shown in the article preview. Instead, when users expand the article they will be able to view the video from there.
How to embed videos to Pages
Embedding a video using the Video widget
You can insert videos either through Google Drive or by using an embed code/URL through the Video widget.
Much like with posts, the process of inserting a video through Drive is the same. Simply:
- Click on Select Drive file in the widget’s menu
- Search and select the video you would like to attach
- Click on Select and the video will be shown on the Page.
Embedding a video using the iframe widget
Embedding a video using the Text widget
You can embed a video using the Text widget by clicking on the body text, selecting the quick add button (the big +), and clicking on the video icon.
From there, you can either copy-paste a video URL or input an embed code.