In this article, you can read about lifecycle management and what it entails.
Lifecycle management is about managing the content in Happeo and making sure that stale content will be archived automatically or reviewed by owners. This helps to keep the information up to date, or at least get rid of the unnecessary information that no one has actively used or updated.
Currently, the feature only affects Channels and Pages.
- Lifecycle management is not activated by default for organizations
- Admins can select the duration after which a Page or a Channel will be considered stale, in other words not up to date
- Admins can enable the staleness and automatic archival notifications. Automatic archival will have another period in addition to the staleness period. See the diagram below
- Only owners of a particular channel or page can see if the Channel or Page is stale. The viewers won’t see it. They will only “see” if it is archived
- The lifecycle management is not shown in User Settings before the admin has enabled the lifecycle management
Channels are measured by their activeness. If none of the following events happens during the activeness period, the Channel will be considered “stale”.
Activeness can be determined by the following:
- Participants added or removed
- Channel folders created or updated
- Channel calendar created or updated
- Channel Google Meets created or updated
- Post, comment, like created, updated, or deleted
- Channel integration activate or updated
- Channel unarchived
- Settings updated
- Draft edited, shared, or published
- Post pinned
Pages are not tracked by their activeness, but rather their up-to-dateness. So every time a page author/editor makes changes to the Page or publishes it, its “reviewed date” value is updated.
There is a view in User Settings where you can see your stale entities and easily click "Update" for those you know are still valid.
This section is not shown if the lifecycle management is not activated by an admin.