This article contains information about how to create a new Page group and add content to it.
Page groups are groups of Pages that are related to a similar topic, department, or location. Each Page group has an author as well as editors and viewers.
A couple of things to note
- Viewers cannot see unpublished pages
- Happeo Admins can view and edit every page when Admin Mode is turned on
- Two users should not edit a Page simultaneously. If this occurs, the user who saves the Page last will have the final edits visible on the Page
How to create a Page group
- Open Pages from the main navigation and click on the + symbol
- Then, add the name of the Page Group
- Give the Page Group a description
- And select the layout you want to use
The layout that you choose will be the same for all the Pages in your Page Group. The layouts that have been highlighted below are ones that contain Page navigation whereas the other two do not.
Additionally, you can always change the page layout later under the Page group styles.
After creating a Page Group you can start adding content.
Add a hero image, change the Page group and Page name
First, make sure that you are in Edit mode by clicking on the pencil symbol at the top right corner of the page.
- You can edit the hero image by clicking on the Page hero
- To change the Page group name, you can navigate to the Page Group Settings tab (stack of papers) and change it under Name
- To change the name of a Page, you can navigate to the Page Settings (the info symbol) and frame the Page under Name
Add Page content
After adding a Section, you can click the section to add different content Widgets.
Once you've made changes to the Page, you can see the blue Save at the bottom right. Save the Page by clicking on it – remember to save frequently! If you click Cancel all the changes you've made will be reverted.