Here, you will learn troubleshooting steps that you can follow when a problem occurs to get faster help from the support team.
The purpose of this article is to teach you troubleshooting steps that you can take before reaching out to our support team. This is so that the support team can get your issue flagged and provide a solution faster.
Additionally, the following steps are also utilized by the support team when troubleshooting has not been performed by the client. Therefore, it is important that these steps are first taken by the client to ensure the fastest resolution!
1. Do a hard refresh
What does it do?
A hard refresh cleans your cache history and forces the page to reload for you to the most recent version. When changes are made on a site, some sites need a little push to show the changed content as they keep using an older saved (cached) version to run faster.
Make sure you check if the hard refresh worked and test it. You can test if the hard refresh worked by looking for any changes that may have occurred upon the refresh. If necessary, you can do a hard refresh a few times and double-check if there are any changes.
How you can do it
On Windows in Chrome you have the following options:
- Press the CTRL button and click on the screen on the refresh icon
- Press at the same time CTRL and F5 keys on the keyboard
- Press at the same time CTRL, Shift, and R keys on the keyboard
- Hold the F12 key and click on the refresh icon and pick the option Hard refresh
On Mac in Chrome you can do one of the following:
- Press the Shift key and click on the reload icon next to the page URL
- Press at the same time the Command, Shift, and R keys on your keyboard
On Mac in Safari you can do one of the following:
- Go to Safari and click on the button “Empty Cache”
- Press at the same time the Command and R keys on your keyboard
- Press at the same time Option, Command, and E keys on the keyboard
Other browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Explorer:
- Pressing CTRL and the F5 key on the keyboard
2. Check if the problem is still present
The hard refresh forces your browser to load and display the latest and most up-to-date version of the site, with the changes implemented.
3. Check if the problem is present in other places
It is important for us to know if the issue is present in only one specific location on the platform, or if the platform as a whole is affected.
See if other Channels or Pages are experiencing the same problem. If not, be sure to include the exact location (URL) to the location on the platform in the support ticket.
Additionally, please try recreating the problem from an incognito browser. That will ensure that no running add-ons or extensions could be the cause of the problem. If the problem is not present when you use incognito mode, the problem is likely to do with an extension you have running. What you can do is turn off all extensions and turn them on one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
4. Check if other people are also experiencing the problem
Is the problem occurring only for a single user or are multiple users affected? In the case of a single user, try to see what is different between the user where it doesn’t seem to work as intended and where it doesn’t. These differences can help us narrow down the problem.
5. Create a HAR file
In some cases, to truly see what is happening behind the scenes, our support team might ask you to create a HAR file which is a short recording of the issue in coding, really technical.
The good thing is that it is relatively easy to get a HAR file but if you are not familiar, we have created a tutorial for you to go through here.
6. View your console logs
Much like with a HAR file, sending a screenshot of your console logs can help our development team take a closer look at the issue. Usually, sending both a HAR file and a screenshot of your console logs is requested by our support team to gather as much information regarding the issue as possible.
To view your console logs, you can find instructions here.
Google integration debugging
If you experiencing any of these problems
- Access denied viewing files in Google drive
- Google integration is not authorized
- Unable to search emails or drive files in Happeo
- The calendar is not showing events and meetings in Happeo
- You are unable to upload files from a drive folder you usually have access to
- Gmail / Calendar / Drive widget shows an error message
Here are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue before submitting a ticket
When you see any of the images below, the following 3 scenarios can be happening linked to the Google Integration:
- Issues with Happeo
- Problems with the user credential
- Being logged out from Google
In case Gmail is not integrated or needs reauthorization, a pop-up will show up on the screen. By clicking on the authorize integration button, you provide permission for Happeo to search for emails and show them in your environment. Another alternative is to open the “Integration” tab under User Settings.
You can simply log out and log back in to reauthorize Happeo. This also applies when there are integration issues with Drive or Calendar.
Some integration issue examples with Drive or Calendar can be found below:
- "Your Google integration is unauthorized" - This message can appear when trying to search for files
- "Whoops! Something went wrong with the search" - Message can appear when trying to search for calendar-related topics
- "UH OH! Can't list events" - This message can appear when trying to view a Channel's calendar
The Calendar / Gmail / Drive widget shows an error message
Some Calendar/Gmail/Drive widget error message examples can be found below:
- A frowning page against a grey background when trying to view a file
- The first thing you can do is to click on the option “Open file” on the bottom right corner of the widget. When the file is accessible in its original place, refresh Happeo
- If this does not work, contact our support team
- Red "dead" files
- No results when searching for Drive content
For the last two errors, you can try to refresh the page, log out and back in, etc. If this does not help, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.