This article provides a step-by-step guide on enabling and utilizing the AODocs Integration.
What is it?
AODocs is a cloud-based document management and business process automation platform built on top of Google Drive and Google Workspace. It is designed to help organizations manage and secure their documents, streamline business processes, and improve collaboration.
The AODocs Integration enables you to:
- Embed AODocs views to Pages (as a Page Widget)
How to enable it
Once the AODocs integration has been made available to your organization, Admins will first need to enable it for the environment from the Admin Settings. Then, regular users can enable it from the User Settings.
As an Admin, to enable AODocs for your environment, you can:
- Navigate to the Admin Settings by clicking on your avatar and selecting Admin Settings
- Click Integrations
- Click Enable next to the AODocs integration
- Then click Enable again and then Ok
Once AODocs has been enabled for the environment, regular users can enable it by following these steps:
- Navigate to the User Settings by clicking on your avatar and selecting User Settings
- Click Integrations
- Click Enable next to the AODocs integration and click Authorize
- Follow the authorization steps
Using in Pages
The AODocs Page Widget offers a comprehensive overview of your AODocs documents, presenting valuable information such as:
- Document titles
- Version names
- Workflow states (e.g., draft, review in progress, done, etc.)
- Recent updates along with the responsible users
- Departments to which the documents belong
- Document types (e.g., Information security)
In addition, the Widget provides convenient functionalities for document retrieval, including a search bar and filtering options to facilitate quick and precise document searches.
To embed an AODocs View to a Page, you can:
- Navigate to a Page and click the edit icon at the top right of the page
- Select or create a Section and click Add Widget
- Click AODocs View and click Select AODocs View from the Widget menu on the right
Customization options include:
- Show search (search bar)
- Widget styling