In this article, you can find all there is to know about how to manage Channels from the admin panel.
An overview of what admins can do with Channels from the Admin Panel
- Set as Primary News Channel
- Add as Secondary News Channel
- Manage Channel
- Force notifications to HIGH
- Manage stale Channels
A little more in-depth
All Channels can be managed by Admins. The Channel Management section gives Admins the possibility to view, search and filter the Channels they need to find.
By opening Channel Management, Happeo will open the Channel's settings page and enable Admin Mode for the user. This will allow the admin to make changes to the Channel. Please see the Admin mode article for more information.
Set as Primary or Secondary News Channels
Admins can set Channels as Primary or Secondary News Channels. This can be accomplished by:
- Clicking on the three dots next to the Channel you wish to set as either news Channels
- Select Set as Primary News channel
- Or Add as Secondary News channel
To read more about these news Channels please navigate to this article.
Force notification priority to 'high'
Admins can set the Channel Notifications priority to 'high' for all participants from the Channel options by clicking on:
- The three dots next to the chosen Channel
- Click on Force notifications to HIGH
This will promote the notification settings for all participants, but is not enforced. Therefore participants can demote the notification settings if they want to.
Moreover, admins can also set Channels as Primary or Secondary News Channels.
Lastly, admins have the ability to archive Channels by:
- Clicking on the three dots next to the Channel you wish to archive
- Select Archive
If you wish to retrieve this Channel after archiving it, you can find it in the Archived tab in the Channels menu within the Admin panel. From there:
- Click on the three dots next to the archived Channel
- Select Restore Channel
I’ve enabled Admin Mode, however, I am not able to manage the Channel Settings
As an Admin, it is not possible to manage Channels that are labelled as Only Invited Users and Anyone in my organization can ask to join. The way you can manage these Channels is by accessing them from the Admin Settings and adding yourself as an Editor of the Channel.
- Click on your avatar at the top right of the platform and select Admin Settings
- Click Channels
- Search for the Channel you wish to manage
- Click the three dots next to the Channel
- Click Manage Channel
- Click the Members icon at the top-right corner of the page
- Click Share to Users and Groups
- Type in your name in the search bar and select your user profile
- Click Share
- Find your user profile from the list of Channel Members
- Click on your Channel permissions label (by default, you will be a Participant) and change it to Editor