In this article, you will learn how to archive and unarchive Channels.
How to archive a Channel
Archiving vs. deleting
An important thing to note is that Happeo does not delete / remove Channels. Instead, it stores them in an archive if you want to bring them back (e.g. accidentally archiving a Channel).
Archiving a Channel
To archive a Channel:
- Navigate to the Channel you wish to archive
- Click Settings
- Scroll all the way down to the Danger Zone
- Click Archive Channel
How to unarchive a Channel
For regular users
As a regular user, to unarchive a Channel:
- Navigate to the Channel Navigation
- Click All and select Archived
- You will be presented with a list of archived Channels. Select the Channel you wish to unarchive
- Click on Unarchive
Note: You need to have been a Member of the Channel to find it through the Channel Navigation or Channel Discovery feature.
As an Admin, to unarchive a Channel:
- Go to the Admin Settings (click your avatar at the top of the platform and select Admin Settings)
- Select Channels
- Click Archived
- Click the three dots next to the Channel you wish to unarchive
- Select Restore channel
Note: Archived Channels cannot be found through the Channel Discovery feature.
Bookmarked Channels that have been archived
When a Channel Owner or Editor archives a Channel, and that Channel has been bookmarked, that Channel will still appear in a user's bookmarks. Additionally, the user will still be able to view Posts from that Channel, but will see a message stating "This channel is archived." The user will also no longer be able to search for that Channel.
Posts and Articles
Please be aware that there is no option to archive or unarchive Posts and Articles. The only available action is deletion. Once a Post or Article is deleted, it cannot be recovered or retrieved. Hence, it is crucial to exercise caution and ensure absolute certainty before proceeding with the deletion of a Post or Article.