Here, you will can about the Recent Files Widget and its use cases.
What does it do?
The Recent Files Widget will display a list of files that the user has recently used. This list is personalized to the user viewing the Page.
Recent Files Widget options
- Max items: Set the maximum number of files displayed to the user before they need to click “show all”.
Recent Files Widget features
- Bookmarking files
- By clicking on the three dots next to the file you can:
- Open the file
- Preview the file
- Find the file in Drive
- Rename the file
- Copy the file
- Move the file into a different location
- Download the file
- Remove the file
- By clicking on the three dots within the widget menu (includes Name, Owner, and Modified) you can:
- Change to thumbnail/list view
- Show new files
- Show updated files
- Show sharing visibility
Show sharing visibility: What do the colored dots represent?
When you show sharing visibility, colored dots will appear next to the file owner's names on the left.
- Green: Document is only shared with users within the organization
- Yellow: Document has one or more external users with access
- Red: Document is publicly available through sharing a link
- Grey: Shared with the entire organization