This article aims to provide details regarding the iFrame widget and its use cases.
Click here to read more about Custom Widgets.
What is it used for?
The iFrame Widget is used to either iFrame a URL or embed content into the Page. There are two options when using the iFrame Widget:
Each can be used for different things.
Embed is used when you have found a widget or embeddable content that you would like to add to a Page. A lot of websites offer the option to get embed code for specific items such as YouTube videos, Weather reports, and Public transport schedules.
URL is used for iFraming an entire webpage or special embedding URL's that you can get from specific websites. However, they can be a bit hard to set up sometimes.
By default, you cannot embed any website since this can pose a security threat (see custom apps to bypass this limitation). This is why most web pages prevent embedding and for some web pages, you need to use a special embedding URL to get the embedding working.
If a website will not embed correctly you will see the below error.
iFrame Widget options
- Embed: Choose between the options for iFraming content onto the Page
Note: To make the content shown bigger, you can drag it from the bottom of the Widget.
You can embed surveys, such as Surveymonkey, to your Page using the iFrame Widget. You can simply copy the survey's embed code and paste it into the embed option in the iFrame Widget.
For more information, please click here.
Embedding Facebook pages and feeds
To embed a Facebook page or feed to your Happeo Page using the iFrame Widget, you can copy the Facebook page pr feed URL into the URL field of the iFrame Widget (make sure the page is public).
Embedding Weather Widgets
You can use Meteoblue to embed a Weather Widget into your Happeo Page. Please follow the instructions below to do so.
- Go to meteoblue.com
- Kindly be advised that the website linked herein is a third-party tool that has not been developed by Happeo
- Click Widget from the sidebar and select your preferred widget
- Scroll down to Configure your widget and select the settings you wish to have for your widget
- You can find a preview of the widget on the right of the settings
- Copy the HTML code at the bottom of the page
- Go to Happeo and open the Page you want to add the Weather Widget
- Click the edit button at the top corner of the page
- Create a new Section (or select an existing one) and click Add Widget
- Click the iFrame Widget and select Embed from the Widget’s menu on the right
- Paste the HTML code in the Embed field and click Select
- Save your changes