This article aims to inform you about how you can synchronize your employee counts with Happeo by setting up a Google Workspace integration with Happeo.
The three things you will need to do
- Go to the Google Marketplace
- Install Happeo
- Finalize the setup in the Happeo Admin Panel
If you are a Google Workspace administrator
If you are a Google Workspace administrator and received an e-mail where a colleague asked you to set up the Google Workspace integration
The e-mail should have a direct link to the correct page. Otherwise, go to the Happeo Admin panel and choose the Integrations tab.
Click Finalize and skip the next part of this article and go to Step 1.
- Go to the Happeo Admin panel and choose the 'Integrations' tab
- Click Install
- It will ask if you are a Google Workspace administrator. Click I am a Google Workspace admin
Note: If you already have installed Happeo in the Google Workspace Marketplace, you can skip this step.
- Click Open Google Workspace Marketplace. This will open the Marketplace in a new tab
- Choose Domain install and select Continue. This will install Happeo for all the accounts in your domain
- You will need to grant rights for Happeo to access your domain data. If you choose not to do so, Happeo will not be able to synchronize your domain data
- After clicking Done, you can close the tab and go back to the Happeo Admin Panel
Click Finalize Google Workspace sync. This will check that Happeo has the correct rights to access your domain data.
If everything is correct, the Google Workspace synchronization set-up is complete and the accounts in your domain are being deployed!
You can now go to User Management and manage the Google Workspace synchronization and your Happeo licenses from there.
Congratulations, your Google Workspace user synchronization has been set up!
If you are not a Google Workspace administrator
Note: You will not be able to set up a Google Workspace user synchronization. You can, however, ask a colleague to set it up.
If you have not yet invited a Google Workspace administrator to your Happeo instance as a Happeo admin, please do so first before continuing.
Once you have a Google Workspace administrator as a Happeo admin, go to the Happeo Admin panel and choose the 'Integrations' tab.
- Click Install
- It will ask if you are a Google Workspace administrator. Click Ask a Google Workspace admin
- Choose a colleague from the list. Make sure your colleague is a Google Workspace administrator
- Then click Send request to ask that person to set up the synchronization
Your colleague will receive an e-mail explaining what to do with links to the Happeo Admin panel and this article.
Problems and errors
I chose the wrong colleague!
While the synchronization has not been finalized, you can always change who should set it up.
Simply click Change sync account.
"Block all third-party API access"
When the "Block all third-party API access" box is checked, this prevents the enablement of the API access. If the API access has been blocked, please navigate to:
- Google Admin Panel
- Access and data control
- API controls
Please make sure that the aforementioned button is unchecked. Unchecking this box should unblock the API access.
"Happeo has not been properly installed in Google Workspace"
It would seem that Happeo has not been correctly installed in the Google Workspace Marketplace. Please go back to Step 1.
"This account cannot access the Google Workspace Directory"
The account set up for the synchronization does not have the correct rights in Google Workspace to get the Directory information. Either choose another account or add the correct rights in the Google Workspace Admin Panel.
“Authentication was not complete” / “Authorization for integration with Google Drive and Calendar was not completed"
If you receive this message, sometimes paired with "We noticed that your authorization of the Google Drive and Calendar wasn’t yet completed. Authorize the integration for Google Drive and Calendar," please find the solution below.
In this case, the issue is that your permissions might be completely set up, but they may be missing, for example, the Calendar approval. This is called RefreshToken in Happeo.
To solve this issue, please re-do the authentication from scratch:
- Sign-out from Happeo
- Follow this link
- Click Remove access for both Happeo, Drive & Calendar integration instances there
- This will not harm the Happeo account in any way
- Re-login to Happeo and accept Drive & Calendar in login or in the User settings → Integrations
Google sync issues
Are you experiencing unexpected issues when it comes to the sync between Google Workspace and Happeo? This may be leading to new users not syncing to Happeo, changes to User Information not being reflected, or problems with Group Membership in Happeo.
Please see this article for more information.