In this article, you will learn how to search for content in Happeo.
Happeo's Search is extremely powerful. It searches from your:
- Organization users
- Google Drive
- Google Sites
- Google Calendar
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Calendar
- Federated Search Connectors
When you need to find specific information or content, Happeo's Search is a great tool to use!
Search: Admin settings
When you navigate to your Admin settings and click on Search, you will find the default Happeo apps as well as the Connectors that you have authenticated to see Search Results and Predictions. For more information on how to authenticate Search Connectors, please see this article.
By clicking on the downward pointing arrow next to a Connectors, you can toggle on or off Search or Predictions.
- Search refers to content being shown from a Connectors in the full Search Overview
- Predictions refer to content being shown from a Connectors based on Search Predictions (search bar autocomplete)
By toggling the different sections, you can see more results from the different sections. You can also filter the Search Results using the filter by section option on the right-hand side of the Search Results. These filters are dynamic and will only show filters that are relevant to the Search Results.
Different Search Sections
Searches through Happeo Page content that you have access to view. The search will index all content within widgets on Pages along with any hashtags that have been added to Pages.
Searches through all Happeo Channels that you are either a member of, can join or can request to join. From the search, you can go to the Channel, join a Channel or request to join a Channel.
Searches through all People and Groups within Happeo. Within the filters, you can choose if you would like to see People or Groups in the Search Results.
Searches through all Posts and Comments within Happeo Channels. Search Results are based on Channels that you are a member of.
Searches all files within Happeo along with all Google Drive and/or OneDrive files that you have access to.
- Most recent: Will show all files with file names that include the search term
- Best match: Will show all files with file names and content that includes the search term
- Sharing: This will show you the sharing permissions of the files
- Public sharing: Sharing is set to public
- External sharing: A user from outside of your organization has access to this document
- Internal sharing: Only users from your organization have access to this document
- Domain sharing: Files that are shared with your entire organization's domain
Searches all of your emails to find either a subject or content that includes the search term. From the search, you are able to open the email directly.
Searches all calendar events containing the search term. From the search, you are able to open the calendar event directly.
Sharing search results
You can also share each Search Result. This can be done by clicking Share this search at the bottom of the filter options and will save the search URL to your clipboard so you can send it to others.
If you would like to know how Search Results are indexed, you can refer to this article.
Quick filters are ways in which you can search faster, improving the time it takes to find results.
For example, when a quick filter like ‘people’ or ‘posts’ is applied, you will be taken directly to that section in the Search Results Overview.
Quick filters can also be used when searching within a specific Channel or Page.
Searching in Channels and Pages
On Channels and Pages, you can:
- Filter content directly
- Apply quick filters
- When you leave the current Channel or Page, the quick filters will reset. Otherwise, they will stay enabled for other search queries
When you are viewing a Channel or a Page, by clicking on the search bar at the top of the page OR on the search option in the navigation, the search will automatically filter results within the Channel or Page.
If you wish to search through your Happeo in general, you can simply click on the X next to the Channel or Page name in the Search Bar.
If you wish to search through your SaaS products, you can do so through Happeo's Search tool. To learn more about Federated Search, please see this article.