This article outlines what the Box Federated Search Connector is, and includes steps on how to install and authorize the Search Connector.
What is it?
Box is a content management platform for storing digital assets. Box provides businesses with the Content Cloud — a single, secure platform built for the entire content lifecycle, from file creation and sharing, to co-editing, signature, classification, and retention.
Box Federated Search Connector allows you to search content in Box from your Happeo Search Bar.
The features of the Search Connector include:
- Box results show in your Search Suggestions
- Adds a new Search Tab for Box results
- Allows using Box-specific filters
- Clicking on a Search Result will open Box on the browser
Scope of permissions
With access to your Box account, Happeo’s Box Search Connector can:
- Read all files and folders stored in Box
How to install
To install the Box Federated Search Connector, you can:
- Navigate to the Admin Settings by clicking your Happeo avatar and selecting Admin Settings
- Click Apps
- Select (or search for) the Box Search Connector
- Click Add to Happeo
- Once you’ve clicked Add to Happeo, you will receive a notification stating that you’ve installed the Search Connector successfully. To finalize this process, you will need to enable the Search App in the Search Settings. You can click Take me there within the notification to complete this process
- If you don’t receive a notification, you can also select the Search tab within the Admin Settings
- Within the Search tab, find the Box Search Connector and toggle the options you wish to have enabled. You can choose between / both:
- Show in search (full search overview)
- Show in search predictions (search bar autocomplete)
How to uninstall
Uninstalling the Box Federated Search Connector is simple!
As an Admin, you can navigate to the:
- Admin Settings (by clicking your avatar)
- Click the Box Search Connector
- Select Uninstall
- Click Yes, uninstall
How to authenticate
Once the Box Search Connector has been successfully installed, regular users must authenticate the app.
As a regular user, to authenticate the app, you can:
- Type in what you are looking for in Happeo’s Search Bar and hit Enter
- On the left side of the page, you will see a list of apps enabled by your platform admin. Click Box
- A message will appear indicating that you have not authorized the app. Click Authorize and follow the instructions
- Once you have logged in and authorized the app, you can go to Happeo and refresh the page. You should now be able to view Search Results in both the Search Predictions and the Search Overview for Box (depending on what the platform Admin has enabled in terms of the Search App Settings)
- You should receive an email from Box confirming the success of the integration
Now, you can search for any query in Happeo’s search menu, showing the results from all the available and authorized applications. By clicking the Box icon when searching for something in the Search Bar, the auto-suggestions from this app will be displayed.
You can narrow down the search results by different filter options such as:
- Content type
- Date updated
- File Type
The types of filters under File Type include:
- Box note