This article outlines what the Confluence Federated Search Connector is, and includes steps on how to install and authorize the Search Connector.
What is it?
The Confluence Federated Search Connector allows you to search through Confluence content from Happeo’s Search Bar.
The features of the Search Connector include:
- Confluence results show in your Search Suggestions
- Adds a new Search tab for Confluence results
- Allows to use Confluence specific filters
- Clicking a Search Result will open Confluence on the browser
How to install
To install the Confluence Federated Search Connector, you can:
- Navigate to the Admin Settings by clicking your Happeo avatar and selecting Admin Settings
- Click Apps
- Select (or search for) the Confluence Search Connector
- Click Add to Happeo
- Once you’ve clicked Add to Happeo, you will receive a notification stating that you’ve installed the Search Connector successfully. To finalize this process, you will need to enable the Search App in the Search Settings. You can click Take me there within the notification to complete this process
- If you don’t receive a notification, you can also select the Search tab within the Admin Settings
- Within the Search tab, find the Confluence Search Connector and toggle the options you wish to have enabled. You can choose between / both:
- Show in search (full search overview)
- Show in search predictions (search bar autocomplete)
How to authenticate
Once the Confluence Federated Search Connector has been successfully installed, regular users will need to authenticate the app.
To authenticate the app, as a regular user, you can:
- Type in what you are looking for in Happeo’s Search Bar
- Hit Enter or scroll down through the Search Results and click See all results for: “(what you typed in)”. This will bring you to a new window
- At the top of the page, you will see a list of tabs, some of which include apps that have been enabled by your platform Admin. Click Confluence
- A message will appear indicating that you have not authorized the app. Click Authorize and follow the instructions
- Once you have logged in and authorized the app, navigate to Happeo and refresh the page. You should now be able to view Search Results in both the Search Predictions and the Search Overview for Confluence (depending on what the platform Admin has enabled in terms of the Search App Settings)
How to uninstall
Uninstalling the Confluence Federated Search Connector is simple!
As an Admin, you can navigate to the:
- Admin Settings (by clicking your avatar)
- Click the Confluence Search Connector
- Select Uninstall
- Click Yes, uninstall
Video tutorial on how to install, manage and uninstall