This article outlines what the Dropbox Federated Search Connector is, and includes steps on how to install and authorize the Search Connector.
What is it?
Dropbox is a content management platform for storing digital assets. Dropbox provides businesses with the Content Cloud — a single, secure platform built for the entire content lifecycle, from file creation and sharing to co-editing, signature, classification, and retention.
The Dropbox Federated Search Connector enables you to search for content from Dropbox through Happeo’s Search.
The features of the Search Connector include:
- Dropbox results show in your Search Suggestions
- Adds a new search tab for Dropbox results
- Allows using Dropbox-specific filters
- Clicking on a search result will open Dropbox on your browser
Scope of permissions
With access to your Dropbox account, Happeo’s Dropbox Search Connector can:
- View the contents of your Dropbox files and folders
- View basic information about your Dropbox account such as your username, email, and country
How to install
To install the Dropbox Federated Search Connector, you can:
- Navigate to the Admin Settings by clicking your Happeo avatar and selecting Admin Settings
- Click Apps
- Select (or search for) the Dropbox Search Connector
- Click Add to Happeo
- Once you’ve clicked Add to Happeo, you will receive a notification stating that you’ve installed the Search Connector successfully. To finalize this process, you will need to enable the Search App in the Search Settings. You can click Take me there within the notification to complete this process
- If you don’t receive a notification, you can also select the Search tab within the Admin Settings
- Within the Search tab, find the Dropbox Search Connector and toggle the options you wish to have enabled. You can choose between / both:
- Show in search (full search overview)
- Show in search predictions (search bar autocomplete)
How to uninstall
Uninstalling the Dropbox Federated Search Connector is simple!
As an Admin, you can:
- Navigate to the Admin Settings (by clicking your avatar)
- Go to Apps
- Click the Dropbox Search Connector
- Select Uninstall
- Click Yes, uninstall
How to authenticate
Once the Dropbox Search Connector has been successfully installed, regular users must authenticate the app.
As a regular user, to authenticate the app, you can:
- Type in what you are looking for in Happeo’s Search Bar and hit Enter
- On the left side of the page, you will see a list of apps enabled by your platform admin. Click Dropbox
- A message will appear indicating that you have not authorized the app. Click Authorize and follow the instructions
- Once you have logged in and authorized the app, you can go to Happeo and refresh the page. You should now be able to view Search Results in both the Search Predictions and the Search Overview for Dropbox (depending on what the platform Admin has enabled in terms of the Search App Settings)
- You should receive an email from Dropbox confirming the success of the integration
Now, you can start searching for any query in Happeo’s search menu which will show the results from all the available and authorized applications. By clicking the Dropbox icon when searching for something in the Search Bar, the auto-suggestions from this app will be displayed.
You can narrow down the Search Results by different filtering options such as:
- File Types
- File Extensions
- Date updated
You can click Clear filters on the right of the filters to deselect all the existing filters.
The File Types include: