This article outlines what the Jira Federated Search Connector is, and includes steps on how to install and authorize the Search Connector.
What is it?
Jira is an issue-tracking tool created by Atlassian that enables agile project management and bug monitoring.
Jira Federated Search Connector allows you to search content in Jira from your Happeo Search Bar.
The features of the Search Connector include:
- Jira results show in your Search Suggestions
- Adds a new Search Tab for Jira results
- Allows you to use specific Jira filters
- Clicking on a Search Result will open Jira in your browser
Scope of permissions
With access to your Atlassian (Jira) account, Happeo’s Jira Search Connector can:
- View user information in Jira that you have access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and work logs
How to install
To install the Jira Federated Search Connector, as an Admin, you can:
- Navigate to the Admin Settings by clicking your Happeo avatar and selecting Admin Settings
- Click Apps
- Select (or search for) the Jira Search Connector
- Click Add to Happeo
- Once you’ve clicked Add to Happeo, you will receive a notification stating that you’ve installed the Search Connector successfully. To finalize this process, you will need to enable the Search App in the Search Settings. You can click Take me there within the notification to complete this process
- If you don’t receive a notification, you can also select the Search tab within the Admin Settings
- Within the Search tab, find the Jira Search Connector and toggle the options you wish to have enabled. You can choose between / both:
- Show in search (full search overview)
- Show in search predictions (search bar autocomplete)
How to uninstall
Uninstalling the Jira Federated Search Connector is simple!
As an Admin, you can navigate to the:
- Admin Settings (by clicking your avatar)
- Click the Jira Search Connector
- Select Uninstall
- Click Yes, uninstall
How to authenticate
Once the Jira Federated Search Connector has been successfully installed, regular users will need to authenticate the app.
To authenticate the app, as a regular user, you can:
- Type in what you are looking for in Happeo’s Search Bar
- Hit Enter or scroll down through the Search Results and click See all results for: “(what you typed in)”. This will bring you to a new window
- At the top of the page, you will see a list of tabs, some of which include apps that have been enabled by your platform Admin. Click Jira
- A message will appear indicating that you have not authorized the app. Click Authorize and follow the instructions
- Once you have logged in and authorized the app, navigate to Happeo and refresh the page. You should now be able to view Search Results in both the Search Predictions and the Search Overview for Jira (depending on what the platform Admin has enabled in terms of the Search App Settings)
You can narrow down the search results by different filter options such as:
- Issue Status
- Issue Type
- Issue Label
- Issue Priority
Video tutorial on how to install, manage and uninstall