This article includes information regarding the Zendesk Guide and Zendesk Support Federated Search Connectors, such as what they are, and how to install and authorize them.
What is it?
The Zendesk Guide and Support Federated Search Connectors allow you to search through Zendesk Guide (Help Center) and support content from Happeo’s Search Bar.
The features of the two search connectors include:
- Zendesk Guide and Support results show in Happeo’s Search Suggestions
- A new search tab is added for Zendesk Guide and Support results in Happeo’s Search
- Specific filters are available for Zendesk Guide and Support Search Results
- Clicking on a Zendesk Guide or Support Search Result will open Zendesk in a new tab
How to install
Installing the Zendesk Guide and Zendesk Support Federated Search Connectors is simple and the same process for both search connectors. You can:
- Navigate to the Admin Settings by clicking on your Happeo avatar and selecting Admin Settings
- Click on Apps
- Select (or search for) the Zendesk Guide or Zendesk Support app
- Click on Add to Happeo
- Once you’ve clicked on Add to Happeo, you will receive a notification stating that you’ve installed the app successfully
- Next, you will need to enable the Search App in the Search Settings. You can click on Take me there within the notification to complete this process
- If you don’t receive a notification, you can also select the Search tab within the Admin settings
- Within the Search tab, find the Zendesk Guide and / or Zendesk Support app and toggle the options you wish to have enabled. You can choose between / both
- Show in search (full search overview)
- Show in search predictions (search bar autocomplete)
- The last step you will need to complete is finishing the Zendesk Guide or Support Search Connector setup. To do this, you can either:
- Click on Manage App in the Search when viewing the Search Connector OR navigate to Apps > click on Zendesk Guide or Support
- Click on Setup
- Type in the Zendesk subdomain you want to use
- Click on Submit
How to authenticate
Once the Zendesk Guide and / or Support Federated Search Apps have been successfully installed, regular users will need to authenticate the app.
To authenticate the app, as a regular user, you can:
- Type in what you are looking for in Happeo’s Search Bar
- Hit Enter or scroll down through the Search Results and click on See all results for: “(what you typed in)”. This will bring you to a new window
- At the top of the page, you will see a list of tabs, some of which include apps that your platform Admin has enabled. Click on Zendesk Guide or Zendesk Support (depending on which apps the platform Admin has installed)
- A message will appear indicating that you have not authorized the app. Click on Authorise and follow the instructions
- Once you have logged in and authorized the app, navigate to Happeo and refresh the page. You should now be able to view Search Results in both the Search Predictions and the Search Overview for Zendesk Guide and / or Support (depending on what the platform Admin has enabled in terms of the search app settings)
How to uninstall
Uninstalling the Zendesk Guide and Support Federated Search Connectors is simple!
As an Admin, you can navigate to the:
- Admin Settings (by clicking on your avatar)
- Click on the Zendesk Guide or Support App
- Select Uninstall
- Click on Yes, uninstall