This article aims to provide you with an overview of Happeo's navigation.
Where to find Happeo's navigation and what it includes
Happeo's navigation can be found at the top of your page when you log in to your Happeo environment. The navigation will stay in the same place with a few exceptions (i.e. when you are viewing the Admin Settings).
The navigation includes:
- User icon
When opening the Channels menu, the first thing you will see is the following:
- Plus symbol: The plus symbol at the top right corner is to create a new Channel
- Search Channels: Here, you can look up specific Channels
- My Stream: Contains your My Stream and My News
- Primary News Channel: You can find more information about what a Primary News Channel is here
- Discover Channels: Enables you to find new Channels that you are not yet a member of
Below the aforementioned features, you can find a drop-down list that enables you to filter the Channels based on:
- All: The Channels you’ve joined
- Bookmarked: Your bookmarked Channels
- Owned by me: Channels you’ve created
- Muted: Channels you’ve muted
- Hidden: Channels you’ve hidden
- Archived: Channels you've archived
On the right side of the drop-down list, you can choose the way the Channels are presented/organized. By clicking on the sort button, you can sort by:
- Alphabetical A-Z: The Channels will be organized from A-Z
- Alphabetical Z-A: The Channels will be organized from Z-A
- Custom order: By clicking this option, stacked dots will appear on the right side of the Channels (when you hover over them) which you can drag up or down, below or above specific Channels to manually change the order in which they are presented in the Channel list
Below these filtering options, you can find a list of Channels that you are a member of. By hovering over a Channel you will be able to view:
- The Channel name
- The Channel’s header image (if it has one)
- The number of Members belonging to the Channel
- A snippet of the Channel’s description (if it has one)
- The Channel’s tags
- Indications of the Channel's muteness will appear on the side of the Channel name. If you wish to read about muting and unmuting Channels, you can check out this article
On the right side of these Channels, you will find notification alerts for each individual Channel.
Moreover, the colors next to each Channel on the left represent the colors that have been chosen from the Channels’ Settings (by a Channel Owner or Editor) as a means to differentiate them from other Channels. Of course, however, some Channel colors will be the same as others.
When you open the Pages menu, you will first see the following:
- Plus symbol: By clicking on this, you can create a new Page Group
- Search Pages: You can search for specific Page Groups, Pages, and Subpages
- Company Home: Your company’s homepage (Primary Page Group)
- Administration (may not be visible): Includes Secondary Page groups
Below, you will see a list of Page Groups you are a Viewer, Owner, or Editor of. You can also find similar filtering options in the Channels Menu.
- All: Shows you all the Page Groups with regards to the filtering options below
- Bookmarked: The Page Groups you’ve bookmarked
- Published by me: The Page Groups you’ve published
- My drafts: The Page Groups, Pages, and Subpages you’ve created but not published yet
You can also organize the order in which the Page Groups are presented by clicking on the sort button.
- Alphabetical A-Z: The Pages will be organized from A-Z
- Alphabetical Z-A: The Pages will be organized from Z-A
- Custom order: By clicking this option, stacked dots will appear on the right side of the Pages (when you hover over them) which you can drag up or down, below or above specific Pages to manually change the order in which they are presented in the Page list
Note: The default order is set based on the order in which the Pages are created. Admins cannot force a specific order in which the Pages are presented by default, meaning that every user has a unique order depending on their preference of the organization. The only way Admins can control the order in which specific Pages are presented is by marking them as Primary or Secondary Pages.
By hovering over a Page Group, you can find:
- The Page Group’s name
- A snippet of the Page Group’s description (if it has one)
- Tags belonging to the Page Group
If you click on the small arrow on the left side of a Page Group, a list of its Pages and Subpages will appear below. If you hover over a Page within the Page Group’s Pages list, you will see:
- The Page’s name
- A snippet of the Page’s description (if it has one)
To find information about the People Directory, please see this article.